The front doorway to the Sciota Mill in Hamilton Township, Pennsylvania. The mill was built in 1800 by Bernhard Fenner and replaced an earlier mill built of logs. The mill has also been known as Brinker's Mill. In 1989, Hamilton Township received a sizeable contribution from the Robacker Estate for the restoration of the mill. The Hamilton Township Supervisors engaged Gus Roof, a millwright, who restored the millworks to a working 1700’s condition. The mill was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in May of 1976.
Camera: Calumet 45NX 4x5 large format monorail view camera.
Lens: Rodenstock Geronar 150mm F6.3 lens in a Copal 0 shutter. Hoya Yellow-Green filter on the lens
Film: Arista EDU 200 Ultra B&W Negative Film, shot at box speed.
Exposure: 1/2 second @ F22.
Development: Self Developed in Kodak Xtol 1+2 dilution in Paterson Universal Tank using the Taco Method. 12 minutes @ 20 degrees Celsius. Kodak indicator stop bath. Ilford Rapid Fixer. Photo-Flo rinse.
Scanning: Negative scanned with Epson V600 in two scans and merged back together in PhotoShop since the V600 doesn't natively support 4x5 scans in one pass.