Ivy encases a broken ground floor window on the south end of the abandoned building # 17 at Norristown State Hospital in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The institution was originally known as the State Lunatic Hospital at Norristown. This structure dates to around 1880 and was designed by Wilson Brothers and Company. Norristown was historic as being the first institution in the United States to allow female physicians to practice. Building # 17 has been abandoned since some time in the 1960s and has been used at various times by firemen to practice rescues and fire fighting procedures.
Sakai Toyo 5x7 large format metal field camera with 4x5 film back.
Fujinon-W 210mm F5.6 lens in Copal B shutter.
Kodak Ektascan BR/A single-sided X-Ray film shot at ISO 100.
Exposure was 1/30 second at F22.
Developed in Rodinal/Adox Adonal 1:150 dilution for 7 minutes @ 20 degrees Celsius in Mod54 daylight developing tank.
Negative scanned with Epson V600.