The semi-famous Huber Breaker was demolished this week after sitting idle for decades. The breaker was built in 1892 as the Lehigh and Wilkes-Barre Breaker, then later rebuilt in 1939 as the Huber Breaker. It was used by the Glen Alden Coal Company to crush and size the coal brought to the surface from three nearby mines in preparation for being sold to industry and the public for various fuel needs. Earlier in 2013 the property was purchased at auction and has been undergoing a dismantling for sale as scrap. The breaker was a favorite among urban explorers and photographers over the years. The monument in the foreground memoralizes the hard working folks who worked and continue to work in the surrounding mines. A video of the final demolition can be found here: http://youtu.be/a7Kdq6tWrzc
Camera: Bronica SQ-A medium format film camera with a Bronica Zenzanon 50mm lens. Metered with Sekonic L358 in incedent metering mode.
Film: Kodak T-Max 400 B&W negative film shot at box speed.
Development: Self Developed in Kodak Xtol 1+2 dilution in Paterson Universal Tank. 12 1/2 minutes @ 20 degrees Celsius. Kodak indicator stop bath. Ilford Rapid Fixer. Photo-Flo rinse.
Scanning: Negative scanned with Epson V600. Cropped in Lightroom 4.