Built in 1905 and weighing 141,000 pounds, this Pennsylvania Railroad Locomotive # 1223 is one of three existing engines of the PRRD16sb Class. It has a 4-4-0 (2 B) wheel arrangement. In 1960, the 1223 was leased and transferred to the Strasburg Rail Road, a tourist line in Strasburg, Pennsylvania, where it was returned to operating condition. It operated tourist trains there until 1990, successively leased by the PRR, its successor Penn Central from 1968, and the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania from 1979. While in operation, it had Strasburg Railroad lettering on both cab sides below the number. #1223 is now a restored static exhibit at the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania across the street from the Strasburg Railroad where it operated for many years.
Nikon F4S 35mm film camera. Nikon 35-105mm F3.5-4.5 AIS lens.
Ilford HP5+ 400 ISO B&W film shot at ISO 800.
F8 in aperture priority mode.
Developed in Diafine for 4 minutes (part A) and 4 minutes (part B) @ 20 degrees Celsius in Paterson 3 reel tank. 5 seconds initial agitation with swizzle stick followed by 5 seconds of additional agitation ever minute thereafter.
Negative scanned with Epson 4990 on holders with ANR glass.